In A Nutshell
- Handmade in Tasmania's beautiful Meander Valley
- This unique earring design was created from our photograph of ice covering a tarn lake, at the Walls Of Jerusalem National Park (Tasmania, Australia)
- Earrings are made from glass set into stainless steel. The hooks are solid recycled silver, which are excellent for sensitive ears
- Earring size: 14mm
- Comes with a gift bag
One of my favourite aspects of photography is zooming right in on the easily-missed features of a landscape and capturing something magical. In this case, I was hiking at the Walls of Jerusalem National Park in the middle of winter. It certainly wasn’t normal tourist weather but the atmosphere of these wild places in the depths of winter is something to behold. I came across a frozen tarn or glacial lake which had frozen over and was spellbound by the patterns which had formed on the icy surface. I love how the patterns have a geometric sensibility influenced by the structure of the ice but still incorporate this element of “artistic license” with very tasteful lines, dots and cross-hatching. Nature truly is the greatest artist.
Patterns In The Ice Collection
We also have other matching pieces in this Patterns In The Ice design to create a lovely set, or if you prefer a different style.
- Each item is handmade to order. Please allow 1-4 business days for your pieces to be made before they are posted.
- Please note there may extended transit times due to Covid-19.
- A tracking number will be sent once your order is posted.
- We use reclaimed bubble wrap and biodegradable cardboard boxes for packaging.
- Sending As A Gift?
- We can also post directly to your loved one! Simply provide their details at the checkout under "Shipping Address."
- A short message from you can be written on a Myrtle & Me gift tag. This can be requested by letting us know what you would like to say in the notes section at checkout.
- A message can also be written in one of our greeting cards. Simply add one to the cart and then add your message in the notes section.
- Price stickers or receipts are never included in the package. Invoices will be emailed directly to you.
- Postage Within Australia
- Flat rate of $8.95 for regular postage an $11.95 for express.
FREE regular postage Australia-wide on orders over $60. Upgrade to express for an extra $5.
- International Postage
- We post to all countries!
- Flat rate of $20 for regular postage and $35 for express.
FREE standard international postage is free on orders $100 and over. Upgrade to express for $10.
- Would you like to help reforest areas around the world by planting a tree with your order? If so, click HERE for more information.
- Myrtle & Me donates a portion of each sale to environmental causes via One Percent For The Planet.